by AdamB1988
Explorer

New phone/sim card - SIM 1 not provisioned

Good morning

I received a new phone and a new EE sim card yesterday and went to set this up last night. My old T-Mobile sim card was disconnected pretty much immediately after inserting my EE sim into my new phone but my new sim card appears not to have connected. My phone keeps coming up with the 'SIM 1 not provisioned' notification. I'm unsure as to whether I need to do anything else - the instructions that came with my phone stated I only needed to insert the new card, but this page states I need to activate my sim (which I cannot do as I can't receive a text message with neither of my sim cards working).

https://ee.co.uk/help/help-new/getting-started-and-upgrading/activate-a-new-sim/how-do-i-activate-an...

Is there anything else I need to do? And if not how long will it take for my new Sim to be connected, as it's causing me a lot of inconvenience not being able to use either my new or old phone for calls/messages.

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: New phone/sim card - SIM 1 not provisioned

Hi @AdamB1988

Thanks for coming to the community.

What device are you using?

Did you get the phone and SIM from us or a third-party seller?

Speak soon 🙂

Leanne.

by AdamB1988
Explorer

I've managed to get the issue resolved over live chat and my SIM card is now working. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AdamB1988

Thanks for coming back and letting us know this has been resolved for you.

Leanne 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.