by tjkenny
Explorer

New Sim I received today did work but stopped some time ago??

I received my EE Payg sim today it worked fine this morning, I put credit on and purchased a pack.  I could make calls to the sim aswell as txt back and forth, but some time ago it just stopped working alltogether, when i try to call the number now i just get "This number is currently unavailable"???

I did read the news today about the problems with EE, could my problem be caused by this outage??  I wasnt certain of this as my mobile has an EE Flex sim in it which has worked all day.  So im stuck now as ive put credit on as it was working so im a bit dissappointed it just stopped.

If anyone from EE is able to help id really appreciate it.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: New Sim I received today did work but stopped some time ago??

Have texts back and forth also stopped?

I believe the problem with EE of making calls has now been fixed.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by tjkenny
Explorer

Yeah Txts also completely stopped working.  it now cant make or receive calls nor send or receive txts, if its unreleated to the outage then the Sim card may be damaged already?? Can i order a new Data sim and port the number and credit or do i have to order a replacement sim via my EE?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It would be better to order replacement SIM. Take phone & old SIM into an EE shop & they'll transfer number, any SIM contacts & credit if applicable to a replacement SIM of correct size for free or order a replacement SIM online at https://explore.ee.co.uk/Order-a-new-SIM for £1.50.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @tjkenny

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you give us a call, we will be able to get this looked into for you.

You can call us from another phone on 0800 079 8586 let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.