by RonElliott Investigator
Investigator

New SIM - can't make calls or send texts

Hello EE,

I have just inserted my new SIM into my Samsung Galaxy S7.  I get a mobile signal, I see the EE letters signifying a connection, and I see 4G+ next to the signal strength. I can receive calls and texts but can't make calls or send texts.  I also have access to the internet on the phone.  I have signed into myEE and I can see my £10 PAYG pack there - alongside it says simply make a call, send a text or go online to activate the pack.  None of these things seem to activate the pack.

I have also checked my postcode and it says service is fine.

Please could you assist?

Many thanks,

Ron

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: New SIM - can't make calls or send texts

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RonElliott,

Welcome to the EE Community. Smiley Happy

What happens when you try to make a call?

What type of number are you calling?

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does texting AL to 150 say exactly?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hello all,

Many thanks for your responses.  I'll put all answers here;

1. I have tried putting the phone in and out of  Flight mode

2.  I have turned the phone off and then back on again

3.  I have made calls to a mobile phone - response is 'You do not have enough credit'

4. I can access web and make and receive Whatsapp messages

5. Texting AL get a text back saying my current balance is £0.00.

5.  MyEE says 'Make a call, send a text of access the internet to initiate your Pack' - I have a £10 PAYG credit.

Cheers,
Ron

by Vinay Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If the response to the text of AL says 0.00 credit, it sounds like the credit you made got applied somewhere else or to another number. I'd call customer services (or chat via online) and hope they can resolve it for you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@RonElliott wrote:

5. Texting AL get a text back saying my current balance is £0.00.

Does it say nowt about packs & allowances?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Hi Xrayspex,

The full text message says;

Your current balance as of today 13:39 is £0.00.  For more into on your packs, add-ons or free boosts go to MyEE. ee.co.uk/myee.

...as mentioned I have done this and it shows my £10 pack and says;

You have the £10 Data Pack. To start using it just call, text or browse.

Looks like my pack isn't recognised by the SIM... but then how am I getting access to the internet?

Many thanks,

Ron

Valued Contributor

"You have the £10 Data Pack."

This sounds like you have a data allowance which is allowing your Internet access. But a data allowance isn't the same as call/text credit. So it seems like your £10 credit is being applied entirely towards data only.

Perhaps the message should be worded "You have the £10 Data Pack. To start using it just browse."

by

Hi @RonElliot,

Please get in touch with customer services so we can take a quick look at your account.

Thanks

James

Investigator

Hi Vinay,

The £10 Data Pack includes 2GB data, 100 minutes talk and unlimited texts.  I'm gonna head to an EE store so I can talk to somebody - live chat is unavailable and I was holding for 20 minuntes for cust services.

Cheers,

Ron

by

Please let us know how you get on @RonElliott

Thanks

James

Valued Contributor

Thanks for clarifying. I agree that it shows on the EE website that the £10 data pack includes 2GB data, 100 mins and unlimited texts. Does mention that Orange/TMobile customers need to switch to EE to take advantage.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.