Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

New SIM Card

Recently upgraded my contract, but still paying off my previous contract.  Got a new SIM with a new number for the upgrade.  Can I still keep my number from the previous contract once it's paid off?  (both contracts with EE not a different network for the previous)

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: New SIM Card

EE won't port nos between contracts. So you need to 1st port your existing no to another network's PAYG using a PAC from EE & then in reverse port it back to your new contract.

You could alternatively "upgrade" your old contract to PAYG & then ask EE to transfer the no to your new contract.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

That sounds a lot of hassle just to stay on the same number after upgrade.  Obviously not planning on giving it up though. 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Follow up question, the old contract which I’m still paying off and using side by side with the new upgrade doesn’t technically finish until July.  Can the number be ported to the new one 7 months in 😕

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't have been an upgrade, then.

No, once the no. is ported away, the contract is terminated & you will be liable to pay early termination fees for the rest of its term. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

It was an early upgrade, still had £400 to pay off so they set it as paying it side by side.  By 7 months I meant getting a pac once I’d paid the previous number off that I wish to get the pac For to move to override the new number I don’t want.  

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, when you pay off the old contract you can get your PAC at same time. 

by Investigator
Investigator

Superb, sorry for multiple questions.  Just wanted to be sure.  Not ready to give up my number after 18yrs 😂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.