by lucywinberg
Explorer

New ESim showing 00000000

I have transferred an old no to my ESim in the IPhone XS but the phone will not accept it as it comes up with "000000000" instead of the phone no under Settings/Data Plans. I have complained to last week and this week as went into their Holloway Rd store to get it resolved but they were unable to help as their systems were down. They referred me to Apple last week as they weren't able to help in customer services. Apple were not able to resolve the issue. This morning they were no help either after I went into store. I have been without my 2nd phone no for 2 WHOLE WEEKS all because the E-Sim has not been recognised. I upgraded to an IPhone XS specifically to have the dual SIM yet it doesn't work. Please refund me for the phone and send me a hard SIM card in the post so that I can go back to using my previous 2 phones which worked perfectly well? 

I am not going to waste any more time with you, if you cannot resolve this I will cancel my business contracts with you and go to another phone provider.

5 REPLIES 5
by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Re: New ESim showing 00000000

Swap to esim, enable then disable then enable imessage, switch back to main sim. Its a known issue.

by lucywinberg
Explorer

Sorry but this does not work - I have gone into Settings/Data Plans/turned the ESim on and original SIM off, then gone into Settings/Messages/iMessage - toggled it off, then toggled it on and it comes up with an error message: "iMessage Activations - an error occurred during activation. Try again."

I have gone back into ESim settings under Data Plans and where it says "My Number" it is 00000000 and although I can delete it and put the correct no. in, it won't save?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @lucywinberg

I am sorry to hear this.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Leanne.

by Expert Contributor
Expert Contributor

Hi @lucywinberg 

Sorry to hear that didn't fix it. Usually that does resolve it but my next best assumption would be to ask for a replacement esim, remove the plan and re scan the esim. I think you are correct in saying it doesn't appear to have been setup correctly. Sorry I couldn't be of more help 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@lucywinberg   Turn off IMessage and FaceTime then turn off/on the device,  now check your number. If it’s now correct you can enable iMessage and FaceTime.  

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.