by jw5
Explorer

Network key swapping from Orange to EE

I am trying to change from Orange Pay As You Go to EE Pay As You Go. I have a new EE SIM which I have fitted but my phone is now asking for the Network key. I know that it takes one working day for the service to swap over. Will this request for a network key disappear once this has happened?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Employee
Solution

Re: Network key swapping from Orange to EE

Hi and welcome to the community @jw5

Your handset will be network locked please see our post on handset unlocking as this will help.

Many thanks,

Lee 

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee
Solution

Hi and welcome to the community @jw5

Your handset will be network locked please see our post on handset unlocking as this will help.

Many thanks,

Lee 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You need your phone unlocked from Orange in order to use an EE SIM. Did you switch to EE using Move to EE pay as you go ? They should have unlocked your phone as a matter of course. Or did you just get hold of an EE PAYG SIM yourself?

If so, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the PAYG option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by jw5
Explorer

Hi Lee

I ordered the SIM cards through EE using the page swapping from Orange to EE. It says nothing on there about getting your phone unlocked. In fact it states how easy it is to swap to EE by just putting the new SIM in. Shouldn't they have been unlocked automatically?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Good Q!

@Lee_H: I would expect that if EE provide a service of switching from Orange to EE that it would include the unlocking of the device if necessary. Can you confirm if this is so or not?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @jw5,

Most Orange phones purchased after the launch of EE are compatible with EE SIM cards.

I'm sorry this isn't the case with your particular phone.

Please take a look at How to unlock an EE pay as you go phone or device to see how to unlock your phone for free.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.