by MeganPanda
Explorer

My international sim has stopped working

Hi,

I'm currently 5 days into a holiday in the USA and yesterday my SIM card has stopped working. No data, I can't call anyone at all or text. I seem to receive texts fine.

It seemed to work fine after I topped up the £15 for a couple of days and it's totally stopped working. There's no way I have used up to allowance.

I can't call EE or anyone because it tells me to top up. So I'm stuck and really need to call home.

What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Employee

Re: My international sim has stopped working

Hi @MeganPanda and welcome to the community.

It does sound like the £15 credit has been used and this is why the prompt of topping up is now being recieved.

Please do see the charges for USA as this maybe able to explain where your credit has gone.

What response does sending AL to 150 give?

Many thanks,

Lee

by MeganPanda
Explorer

Hi Lee,

The way the SIM is supposed to work is you top up £15 to get 3GB data, 250 mins, 500 texts. After you top up it removes that credit to give you this package allowance. This is the package: https://shop.ee.co.uk/international/pay-as-you-go-international-sim

The data worked fine for a couple of days (barely used) but calls have never worked. Now nothing works at all 😞

by MeganPanda
Explorer

Texting AL to 150 also tells me that I have this allowance, but it is not working. 

by
EE Employee

Hi @MeganPanda

The SIM deal you have linked to is only for use in the UK and EU countries.

The plan would allow you to call abroad from the UK and whilst in the EU, not whilst you are roaming outside of the EU

Many thanks,

Lee

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@MeganPanda wrote:

It seemed to work fine after I topped up the £15 for a couple of days and it's totally stopped working. There's no way I have used up to allowance.

Oh, yes, there was. Your £15 credit was used up for roaming calls & texts you made in those coupla days. They aren't included in your pack allowance which is only valid in UK & EU but not for the rest of the world.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.