by Sarah69 Contributor

My Son wants to keep old phone number.

My son had a Samsung galaxy j5 and has just bought a Samsung galaxy s6. He had to buy a different sim card but wants to keep his old phone number. How can he do this without phoning customer services which costs money? 


EE Community Support Team

Re: My Son wants to keep old phone number.

Hi there @Sarah69


Thanks for posting.


You can call us from an alternative line or pop into an EE retail store who can also help transfer this number for you.


Thanks very much for coming here 🙂



by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: My Son wants to keep old phone number.

Take new phone & old SIM into an EE shop & they'll transfer number, any SIM contacts & credit if applicable to a replacement SIM of correct size for free or order a replacement SIM online at for £1.50.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.