by Terialien
Visitor

My Samsung S8 has suddenly stopped working, saying 'Sim card is unprovisioned'

I recently upgraded to a Samsung S8, it's been working fine until today when it suddently stopped texting or phoning.  It will only work on my wifi.  I've checked the setting and it says there is no network service and won't detect a service.  Any ideas please as to what could have happened overnight and how to fix it??

3 REPLIES 3
by phil76012 Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Re: My Samsung S8 has suddenly stopped working, saying 'Sim card is unprovisione

it seems your sim card is no longer active and i would advice you to ring customer service ASAP and get them to find out why. 

it could of happened for a number of reasons. one being a missed bill but they don't full disconnect the line until after 3 months so this doesn't seem like this will be the issue. 

another one could be someone has rang them to and claimed to be u and reported the sim card as lost and requested a new sim card which of course is alarming hence why it is important to contact CS ASAP and get to the root of the problem.

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: My Samsung S8 has suddenly stopped working, saying 'Sim card is unprovisione

Hello @Terialien,

Welcome to the community,

Have you taken the SIM card out and given it a rub and then put it back in? Are you able to try it in another phone? The reason for this, is to make sure that there is not a fault with your Samsung otherwise the SIM card could be faulty and ringing up customer service is the other option to see the reason for this, or otherwise to pop into an EE store for help if you are able to do so.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Terialien.

I see you've had some great advice from @Schockwave.

Please let us know if you're able to try your SIM in another phone, as long as it's on EE or unlocked.

If you need to contact our customer service team, please see our get in touch page.

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.