by Charlie143 Investigator
Investigator

Lost sim abroad

Hello. I’m abroad atm and just realised I couldn’t find my sim card. I’m on contract with EE. It costs a fortune to call from the Philippines, is there a live chat I can go to to to ask cancel or block my sim? And if anyone finds my sim card, would they be able to use it? Thank you 

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Lost sim abroad

1. Try the Freephone no. in my sig over Skype.

2. If you are on contract, on the Get in Touch page open up the "EE                  +" & you will find Live Chat, when it's available during EE UK opening hours, looking like:

Capture.JPG

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Thank you XraySpex. Will try that. Do you know if anyone can use my sim card if found? I mean, would anyone be able to use it using their own phones or would it be locked to mine? 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & it is now sorted.

Anyone can use your SIM in an unlocked or EE phone until you contact EE to block it.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Investigator

Oh wow thank you very much XraySpex!! I called EE via Skype and they helped me solve my problem. My SIM card has been blocked now and apparently i could ask my boyfriend (who’s travelling to the Philippines next week to join me!) to go to an EE shop and ask for a blank SIM card and EE can activate it for me once I have it and spoken to them. Thank you once again XraySpex, you’re brilliant!!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance & that's now sorted.

You would need a replacement SIM to keep your no.

by Profile closed
Not applicable

I would consider setting up a SIM Pin as well when you get your new SIM and that stops anyone from using your SIM in another device.

Investigator

Yes thank you. I would do that too  jmitchel. EE community rocks! Thank you 

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Charlie143.

I'm glad you managed to get sorted in the community today 🙂

I hope you have a great time away!

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.