by ExpatPR Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Lost PAYG SIM

My wife lost (stolen) her phone abroad with her PAYG SIM. We can wait until we get back to the UK to get a new PAYG SIM but I want to make sure that her old SIM is not used to deplete her balance on her account. So I have 2 questions. If we delete her number from the account would that stop someone from using the stolen SIM with her accounts balance or does the Top Up goes to the SIM itself? Also, can she have an account with no number and just add a new one once she gets a new SIM?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Lost PAYG SIM

1. No, a PAYG SIM does not need to be registered to MyEE.
  2. The credit & pack are on the no.
  3. Yes.

She'd best report it lost so EE can block it & preserve her credit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

1. No, a PAYG SIM does not need to be registered to MyEE.
  2. The credit & pack are on the no.
  3. Yes.

She'd best report it lost so EE can block it & preserve her credit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

View solution in original post

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ExpatPR,

Welcome back to the community.

I'm sorry to hear your wife has lost her phone.

Please follow @XRaySpeX's advice and get in touch with Customer Care to report the loss.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions