by Typhon Investigator
Investigator

Just returned from living in Japan. My EE sim no longer works.

Hello,

A week ago I returned to the UK after living in Japan for just over a year. I used a Japanese sim in my phone (Iphone 7) whilst there.

After coming back to the UK, I put my EE sim back in my phone but it just says "No Sim". The EE sim still works perfectly in another old handset I tried it in. There were no problems using the Japanese sim in my Iphone 7.

I have tried every suggestion I can find via google including resetting network settings, cleaning it, switching it on and off etc etc.

The only trace on the phone that it was ever used in Japan is when I go to Settings > General > About. Under "Carrier" it has a Japanese name. There is no way to edit this.

Any advice on how I can get this working would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

5 REPLIES 5
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Just returned from living in Japan. My EE sim no longer works.

Try manually searching Mobile Network Operators & select EE. It should correct the Carrier.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Typhon Investigator
Investigator

Thanks for the reply. How do I do this when it just says "No Sim" though?

The 'phone' and 'mobile data' sections of the settings menu are greyed out with "No Sim" written on them.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is the SIM on contract or PAYG?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Typhon Investigator
Investigator

It's a contract

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Typhon,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Please get in touch with Customer Care so we can take a quick look at your account.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.