by timney Investigator
Investigator

Just had EE unlock my payg phone and install new sim card but can not receive ca

Hi, I visited UK last year and bought a virgin payg phone. Visited again this September and phone had expired. EE installed a new sim for 10 pounds and gave me a new number. Calls to the number did not connect. Did I need to do something, I was told it was ready to use but no worky. I am back in Canada now. Any ideas what went wrong.

5 REPLIES 5
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Just had EE unlock my payg phone and install new sim card but can not receiv

Hi @timney,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Your EE SIM card should have activated automatically within 24 hours.

Were you able to make calls from the SIM?

Thanks

James​​​​​​​

by timney Investigator
Investigator

Re: Just had EE unlock my payg phone and install new sim card but can not receiv

Hi James,

I did not try to make a call, I should have.

I did receive a text from EE saying " Based on your resent interaction with----- etc

The cell number on the sim package is Mob; 0xxxxxxxxxxxx. Frends used this but it did not ring. Would I get a refund or credit. I will not get back to the UK until 2018.

timney

by

Hi @timney

Thanks for posting again 🙂

In terms of a refund or credit, this would need to be discussed with the customer services team.

Did you try and activate the SIM while in the UK?

Thank you

Richard

🙂

by timney Investigator
Investigator

Hi Richard,

I do not know what activate means.

THe EE employee installed the sim card, completed the transaction on his computer, gave me back my phone showed me my new number on the sim package and told me it was ready to go.

Friends used that number but could not get through.

I am now back in Canada

Dave

by

Morning @timney

Thanks for coming back to us.

What device are you using?

Can you make and receive calls ok?

Thanks, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.