by Pinny1992
Explorer

Inserting different sim into phone

Hi, i have two phones with my account. I recently upgraded my iPhone 6 to a Samsung A3 on a more affordable contract. But my iPhone 6 is still in really good condition, my iPhone 5c on the other hand is broke.

My phone is insured but £75 will need to be paid to fix the screen. Seeing as I have got an iPhone 6 and a Samsung A3 in brilliant condition i wanted to put the sim from the iPhone 5c into the Samsung A3 and keep my sim in the iPhone 6 as normal.

Is this possible?

As i have inserted the sim from the iPhone 5c into the Samsung but its saying No Service. 

If this is not possible can you tell me if i could put my sim card from the iPhone 6 into the Samsung A3 as it should be and put the sim card from the iPhone 5c into the iPhone 6?

Thank you any advice will be appreciated before i call customer support.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Inserting different sim into phone

@Pinny1992 You can use any SIM card in any device your account is the SIM card not the device. 

Are these devices upgrades 

5c to 6 to A3 ? 

by Pinny1992
Explorer

i upgraded iPhone 6 to Samsung A3. 

My second phone on same account is iPhone 5c.

Im still using iPhone 6 and i would like to put the iPhone 5c sim into the Samsung A3.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @Pinny1992,

Thanks for coming here.

If the SIM is the same size you can use this in any EE or unlocked device.

As long as the SIM card is still active, if this has been upgraded to a new SIM the old one will not work anymore.

Thanks.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is the SIM from the 5c on Orange or T-Mobile? If so, that might be why it won't work in the A3.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.