by sammyantha Investigator
Investigator

Inbound and emergency calls and texts only SIM for vulnerable adult- avoid theft

Hi,

My vulnerable adult son is repeatedly persuaded to give away his phones and SIMs because the credit can then be used by others.

Is there one I can purchase for him that is effectively useless to anyone else because itonly receives calls/texts or better still, will only allow contact with a list of numbers I control?

Thanks for your advice

8 REPLIES 8
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Re: Inbound and emergency calls and texts only SIM for vulnerable adult- avoid t

Not a lot can be done EE end or your end.

You could speak to the police (not using 999) to see if there is anything that could be breaking the law as myself would class this as theft as it's his money they are taking from him.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Investigator

Re: Inbound and emergency calls and texts only SIM for vulnerable adult- avoid t

Thank you, there's no point worrying about the ones that have gone, I was just hoping E E could provide a locked down sim . I think these used to be used in the business world at one time, so am sure it's possible.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @sammyantha

Thanks for coming here.

We can block a SIM as soon as it is taken so no other person can use this if you give us a call and let us know.

I would suggest speaking to customer services to see what other blocks can be put in place.

Thanks , Leanne 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@sammyantha

Depending on the phone, you could look at parental control apps on the apps store which can limit a phones ability. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
Investigator

Thanks, spoke to them this morning but they won't help.

Vodafone chat say they will do it in a SIM only contract but can't promise it in writing before I take out contract and have been Mis sold by them before.

I can't be the only person to need this!

Investigator

It's no good just on the phone..the sim is more important. Cheap phones are readily available but people will take a SIM for the credit.

by
EE Community Support Team

I am very sorry @sammyantha

If this does happen please contact us so we can block the SIM and get you a new SIM sent with the credit transferred to the new SIM.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

Investigator

Thanks but I will keep searching for another company that can help. I don't want to have to put things right all the time, I want to prevent the issue.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.