by garethd91
Explorer

Im trying to transfer my EE Sim to an eSim, but i don't have my old phone

Evening

So i bought an iPhone XR at the weekend as a new workphone so i don't have to have 2 phones (business & personal). As work paid for the new phone, i am using the work Vodafone actual SIM card as the primary  sim. My personal number is with EE on a Sim only contract. I traded in my old personal iPhone 6S when buying this XR.

I went into the EE store after i bought the phone and asked them to do an eSIM transfer on my number so i can use the EE eSIM as my secondary line on the XR. However, when i tried to do the simswap process online, i kept getting 'Sorry somethings not right, please call 150'.

Because i don't have my old personal phone anymore, i have no means of receiving the 5 digit code. I do still have my old SIM, but nothing to put it in

How do i do this as I really need to get my personal number back in use now!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Im trying to transfer my EE Sim to an eSim, but i don't have my old phone

Put the EE SIM in the actual SIM slot of the XR & convert it to eSIM from that. Then you can put your Voda SIM back.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @garethd91.

Thanks for coming to the community.

Let us know how you get on following @XRaySpeX's advice.

Have a look at our eSIM support article too 🙂

Jon

by garethd91
Explorer

Thanks

I tried this but coverage on my EE Sim seemed to have disappeared.

Phoned customer services this morning and got them to do the activation over the phone, so just waiting for it to come live now.

Thanks for your help

by
EE Community Support Team

That's great @garethd91.

Thanks for coming back to let us know 🙂

Jon

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.