by Abigail25

Im not receiving texts or voicemails - recently transferred number to EE via PAC

I just joined EE last week from 02 - i trasnferred my exisiting number which appeared tow ork fine however ive just discovered i am not receiving text messages or voicemails. When i go on Apple ID it says i have two numbers registered for imessage and facetime (my actual number i use and the one that came iwth the EE sim card) when i attempt to deregister the number it says - "this phone number is being used for Imessage and Facetime. If you still have the iphone that uses this number turn off imessage and facetime on it and try again. ???

Not sure what to do! 

Please help.

3 REPLIES 3
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: Im not receiving texts or voicemails - recently transferred number to EE via

Hello @Abigail25 does it let you turn off iMessage and FaceTime completely?

Did you activate your voicemail service by texting the code VOICEMAIL DIVERT to 150 then calling 222 and listening to any welcome messages? Voicemail is turned off by default on new accounts.

🙂

by Profile closed
Not applicable

Re: Im not receiving texts or voicemails - recently transferred number to EE via

You need to update your number in Settings>Phone>My Number. Your temp EE number will still be in there.

To do that though you first need to turn off iMessage (Settings>iMessage>iMessage) and then FaceTime (Settings>FaceTime>FaceTime).

Go in about update your number in Settings>Phone>My Number.

Compleetly turn off your iPhone and then reboot it.

Turn both iMessage and FaceTime back on again and wait for them to activate.

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @Abigail25

Welcome to the community.

Has the great advice from @tm90 @Profile closed, got this sorted for you?

Let us know how you are getting on 🙂

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.