by abs842
Explorer

If I get a new sim do I keep my number ?

If I get a new sim can I keep my number ?

11 REPLIES 11
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: If I get a new sim do I keep my number ?

Hi @abs842 

Welcome to the EE Community,

you can get a replacement sim by ringing customer services or by visiting any EE store with photographic ID they will register it for you with your original number.

Thanks,

David 😊

by abs842
Explorer

If I get a new sim can I still use my current number... ?

If I get a new SIM as my current contract has expired can I keep my current phone number ? 

by abs842
Explorer

If I get a new SIM with a more up to date deal can I keep my current number??

My current sim only deal has expired...

if I get a more up to date SIM only deal can I keep my current number ??

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: If I get a new SIM with a more up to date deal can I keep my current number?

@abs842 if you just want to renew your contract you need to speak with upgrades on 150.

by abs842
Explorer

Sorry, 

its not a replacement SIM I’m looking for...

my  sim contract has expired and I’m looking for a more up to date SIM only deal...

i need to know If I can keep my current number ?? 

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If your already a EE customer then they will update your tariff give 150 a call and select the option to upgrade a advisor will be able to run through what's available to yourself.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: If I get a new sim can I still use my current number... ?

@abs842 : Contracts don't expire until you cancel them. It's just the min term that expires. They just carry on on a monthly notice basis. So you can continue using your existing SIM on the same no.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by abs842
Explorer

Hi and Thanks for the reply,

what I would like to do is get a better/more up to date deal... 

as a few of my friends have... 

thus wondering If I get a new sim only deal can I keep my current number ?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

@abs842  if your already a EE customer they will just renew your contract and change your tariff for you.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you get a new SIM-Only contract as an upgrade from EE as @David recommended then EE will auto move your existing no. to it.

If you get an entirely new SIM-Only contract from either EE or a 3rd-party you will have to port it yourself via a PAYG from another network.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @abs842

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you give our Mobile Care team a call, they will go through your upgrade options with you 🙂

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.