by KonaBob Investigator
Investigator

I have the MTV Trax SIM PAYG card. Can I use it in France?

I have the MTV Trax SIM PAYG card. Can I use it in France?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: I have the MTV Trax SIM PAYG card. Can I use it in France?

Yes, you can. Your pack allowances are usable in the EU.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
10 REPLIES 10
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi,

Text ROAMING to 150 and it will tell you if its activated.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Yes, you can. Your pack allowances are usable in the EU.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by KonaBob Investigator
Investigator

Will I need funds on the card for roaming or does it just use the data and phone allotted to the SIM?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

As I said it will use your pack allowances, if you have any.

If not, you will need PAYG credit to make calls & texts but for data you will need to buy an add-on.

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @KonaBob.

It seems @XRaySpeX has answered your questions on this.

As long as you have checked that your phone is set up for roaming, you can use your data, minutes and texts in 48 destinations across Europe.

If you use up your pack allowances while you're abroad, simply buy a new pack or add-on just like you would in the UK. Add-ons are the same price across the UK and EU.

Find out more information about using your phone abroad >

Have an amazing time in France. 😄

Chris

by KonaBob Investigator
Investigator

I texted roaming to 150 as suggested above but did not receive a response that confirms I'm set up. How do I make sure roaming is set up?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Texting ROAMING is not required for PAYG. Roaming is activated for PAYG anyway.

by

Thanks for trying, @KonaBob.

You should be able to check this through your My EE account.

Alternatively, please contact our customer service team who can double check for you.

Chris 🙂

by KonaBob Investigator
Investigator

Perfect! I am in Paris and after turning on my phone a few minutes later I had a welcome message and all is working perfectly. Thank you!

by

Great news @KonaBob

If you need us in community, we are ready and will always try to help.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.