by Alex23
Explorer

I have just upgraded my phone through Carphone warehouse can I use my old EE sim

I have received my new iPhone 8 today and it has come with a new SIM card with a different number. Can I insert my old SIM card into the new phone and begin the new plan without changing number? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have just upgraded my phone through Carphone warehouse can I use my old EE

@Alex23 Yes you can.  If you was to use the new SIM card your number will migrate to this new SIM card as you upgraded, 

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: I have just upgraded my phone through Carphone warehouse can I use my old EE

Welcome to the community and happy new phone day, @Alex23 😄

Yes, as @Chris_B said, you can continue to use your old SIM.

Let us know if you have any other set-up questions.

Chris 🙂

by Alex23
Explorer

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, I will keep my current number even if I use the new SIM card? Apologies for being so dense, this is my first ever upgrade so I am just working things out.

by
EE Community Support Team

No problem at all, @Alex23. As my Gran would say, it's better to be safe than sorry. 🙂

Your number would stay the same. You only need a new SIM card if the new phone uses a different sized SIM card.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.