by johngallon Investigator
Investigator

I have had a new phone unused for 18months EE dont recognise my number.

I was given a new phone 18 months ago and struggled to find out how to use in. This time I have persisted and have just found my number but EE dont recognise it when I try to fegister.

EE are very difficult to contact for help, I have spent hours just going round in circles.

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have had a new phone unused for 18months EE dont recognise my number.

Is it on contract or PAYG?

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely. Looks like you have gone far past that stage if it's on PAYG. If so, you could buy a new PAYG SIM to make use of the phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi and welcome to the community, @johngallon.

@XRaySpeX's answer could explain why the SIM isn't registering.

When you put the SIM in the phone, does it give you any service? Are you able to make/receive calls?

Chris

Investigator

Thanks XRaySpeX  I think you are right. I'll try the phone numbers in your post to get a new card

Investigator

Thanks for your reply, I'll try a new card.

Investigator

Sorry to trouble you again.  I tried the numbers in your post but I am asked for my mobile number which they dont recognise, I'm going round in circles again.

Is there any way to contact EE without them asking for my number?

Thanks, John

by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks @johngallon

Could you try and order a SIM card online through our pay as you go SIM shop?

Chris 🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

The easiest way to get a new SIM is to go to Pay as you go SIM .

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.