by hfield01
Explorer

I have an EE sim in my electric gates. How can I set up an auto topup?

I have an EE sim in my electric gates at home. At the moment I only know when ity's out of credit as it stops responding to instructions. How can I set up an auto topup? If I try to regixter the number EE wants the gates to respond to an email confirming its number, which unsurprisingly the gates are not able to do...

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have an EE sim in my electric gates. How can I set up an auto topup?

You sure it's the GATES that EE wants to respond to an email? Anybody with access to an email account can reply to an email. Emails are not connected to mobile numbers. Now if you said respond to a text I could understand it, but not an email.

I've set up MyEE for many SIMs which are not even mounted in any device. Did everything on my PC. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by hfield01
Explorer

Yes sorry text - my mistake!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I've never received MyEE verification requests by text, always email. Maybe you are given a choice. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @hfield01

Welcome to the community.

You can set up a recurring top up with us.

You can choose how much you top up, if you give us a call and we can set this up for you.

Hope this helps 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.