by Sledge16
Explorer

I have a £5 prepaid SIM card.If I want a standard PAYG is it too late

Hi

I've bought a £5 SIM card today and have topped up the phone. However, if I want to change this from £5 boost pack to a standard PAYG sim card, is it too late to text stop pack to 150? Will I lose my £5 credit? 

Thanks in advance 

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I have a £5 prepaid SIM card.If I want a standard PAYG is it too late

Probably! As you've already topped-up, the pre-installed Pack would have been bought. You can text STOP PACK to 150 now to stop it renewing at the end of its period.

Does texting AL to 150 tell you if the Pack is on? If not, check it out in your MyEE.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Sledge16
Explorer

Yes the pack is activated. So if I text stop pack, will this stop the pack immediately and I lose the minutes etc I have activated or will it end at the end of the 30 days? Then I presume I just top up as and when and the credit stays on for 180 days providing i use the phone at least once? Is that right? 

Sorry, it's been a long time since I've been on pay as you go and it's all changed. The store don't make it clear when you buy these simple cards!!! 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you text STOP PACK now it will not affect your current pack & you will lose nowt. As I said all it does is stop the pack renewing in a month's time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Good Evening @Sledge16

Welcome to EE and the community.

To help you get to grips with how the packs work, our Help page has all the information you need>

Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.