by _darac_
Visitor

I didn’t get esim from ee shop

Hi,

I’ve been to EE shop in Chester today where I requested an eSIM for my iphone as part of moving to monthly contract. I didn’t get any physical pack or QR code, I was basically told that the number is going to be moved to eSIM automatically. I asked how that’s going to happen as I haven’t provided any details of my phone and QR hasn’t been scanned/added to the phone, but didn’t really get any answer to that. I’m quite a technical person myself and this doesn’t seem right to me unless EE can somehow push the config onto my phone via existing SIM which I think it’s unlikely. Can someone please tell me how that’s going to happen or tell me that I’m going to have to waste more time going to the shop again?

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Prodigious Contributor
Prodigious Contributor
Solution

Re: I didn’t get esim from ee shop

No, that’s not going to happen (as far as I know, at least). There are two ways of transferring a physical SIM to an eSIM. One is to go to a store; I went to one in Exter and they didn’t have any in stock, so I took 5he second option, which is to phone 150 and press to be put through to technical and then ask to be put through to the dual SIM support team. They usually charge £2.50 (others report less) but my fee was waived as the EE shop hadnt had any eSIMs when I went. They also email you some instructions to follow (they say not to follow the primted instructions, as they can leave you without a phone line). Essentially, you need to activate the eSIM first online, then scan the barcode and enter the serial number. Then choose secondary SIM as the main phone. Then turn off, take the physical SIM out and start the phone, at which point, you can rename the eSIM as the primary SIM. Great service from EE custimer services, who sent the eSIM barcode the next day!
5 REPLIES 5
Prodigious Contributor
Solution

No, that’s not going to happen (as far as I know, at least). There are two ways of transferring a physical SIM to an eSIM. One is to go to a store; I went to one in Exter and they didn’t have any in stock, so I took 5he second option, which is to phone 150 and press to be put through to technical and then ask to be put through to the dual SIM support team. They usually charge £2.50 (others report less) but my fee was waived as the EE shop hadnt had any eSIMs when I went. They also email you some instructions to follow (they say not to follow the primted instructions, as they can leave you without a phone line). Essentially, you need to activate the eSIM first online, then scan the barcode and enter the serial number. Then choose secondary SIM as the main phone. Then turn off, take the physical SIM out and start the phone, at which point, you can rename the eSIM as the primary SIM. Great service from EE custimer services, who sent the eSIM barcode the next day!
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@_darac_  The store should of gave you a QR code for you to scan,  you number will bot move over to the esim with one. 

by Bazinga Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Just call EE ask for the dual sim team they will mail the booklet out to you pre set up.

Lee

by Bazinga Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Why are EE charging for the eSIM. They make no charge for a phyiscal SIM as far as I'm aware.

Its falling on deaf ears, I think EE are just sticking 2 fingers up to customers. They need to pin a statement detailing information regarding the eSIM. they are still agents saying you have to take a new line, you don't.  Also be aware that GO FASTER as been droped as a add- on. There no information as to why.

Lee

Prodigious Contributor

The eSIM is free in store. They only charge for it if you order by phone (presumably to cover postage and packing). Having said that, I ordered by phone and the fee was waived as I had been to a physical store in the the morning and they didn’t have any.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.