by Katielee15 Investigator
Investigator

I can't find the right puk code for my phone

I am on EE and I tried putting a different sim card in my phone it asked for the sim pin code, I got it wrong 3 times, now my phone says the sim network is blocked and I need my puk code to unlock it which I cant find, I even phoned EE customer services and they gave me the puk code for my EE sim card but kept saying incorrect, I don't know why it won't unlock? Can anyone help, thanks

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: I can't find the right puk code for my phone

@Katielee15 You say a different SIM card are you putting the PUK code in for that SIM card or your original SIM card ?   Did you give EE the phone number of this new SIM card or did customers services just give you a PUK code ? 

by
EE Community Support Team

Good morning @Kathielee15

Thanks for coming to community 🙂

When you get a chance to answer the great questions @Chris_B has asked you then please do so as this could be key to helping you further.

Cheers

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Hi chris, i didnt have any details at all about the other sim card i put in my phone, so when i phoned EE customer services i was assuming i needed the puk code for my EE sim because it keeps saying network sim blocked enter network puk code, but the code they gave me isnt right, so im thinking it might probably be the puk code for the other sim which is on giff gaff? But will they give me a puk code without any information about the sim.....? 

by

Hi @Katielee15

Thanks for getting back to myself and @Chris_B

I believe this is something you would need to discuss with the operator if the PUK is linked to their SIM.

Please correct me if I'm wrong @Chris_B if your around please.

Thanks

Richard

🙂

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katielee15 

If the SIM card is a EE SIM card you need to call EE customers services.

It’s ifs a giffgaff sim you need the PUK code for you need to call GiffGaff customer services 

what network is the SIM card you need the PUK code for ? 

by

Investigator

Hi Chris, it doesn't say what network the sim is that I need the puk code for to unlock it, I just thought it would be the EE sim as the phone is on the EE network, thanks

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Katielee15. The PUK code will be for the SIM card that’s in the device as that’s the one that needs the code.   

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.