by chalmacm Contributor
Contributor

I am still waiting for SIM card to transfer from Orange to EE PAYG

12 REPLIES 12
by chalmacm Contributor
Contributor

I am still waiting for SIM card to transfer from Orange to EE PAYG

I applied on 6 December to transfer from Orange to EE PAYG, and was told in an email to expect a new SIM card within 5 working days.  I'm still waiting for it, and have not been told why.

by
EE Employee

Re: I am still waiting for SIM card to transfer from Orange to EE PAYG

Hi @chalmacm and welcome to the community.

This is very unusual, have you spoke to our customer services team in regards to this?

Many thanks,

Lee

by chalmacm Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  TheEE customer service team refer me to Orange; and the Orange team to EE!!  What am I supposed to do, I wonder?  Would a visit to an EE shop get me the new SIM?

by
EE Employee

Hi @chalmacm

Have you spoken to the sales team?

Many thanks,

Lee

by chalmacm Contributor
Contributor

Yes.  Our messages seem to have crossed.  Please see mine of an hour ago. I hope you can help, but would be quite happy to call into an EE shop if I can be assured that they would fix the problem

by
EE Employee

Hi @chalmacm

i don't mean the retail team, I meant the sales line?

Many thanks,

Lee

by chalmacm Contributor
Contributor

I have communicated with the Customer Services Teams of both EE and Orange, with the result stated.  I don't know about the SALES team.  How do I contact them, by telephone preferably, and not having to go through an interminable menu!

by
EE Employee

Hi @chalmacm

They can be contacted on tel:0800 956 6000.

Hope this helps,

Lee

by chalmacm Contributor
Contributor

Lee

Thanks.  The number you provided was EE's helpline.  They transferred me to Orange's, where Rebecca was extremely helpful, and organised a replacement SIM. I'm now hoping that it will arrive!

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @chalmacm

Thanks for the update.

Let us know if you need anything further 🙂

Have a lovely Christmas.

by chalmacm Contributor
Contributor

The new SIM arrived on 28 December - quick work by Rebecca, well done.  But it was unfortunately in my husband's name.  A telephone call to EE telno150 resulted in assurances that the matter would be remedied and the balance transferred from the Orange SIM within 48 hours - again, good work, on the face of it.

Tried the phone 48 hours later - no change.  Tried the EE website, only to find that it was offline, and would in fact be so for another two days.  Tried on 3 January, and was told by an EE 150 supervisor that I had been given the wrong information on 28 December - the file had been marked "Couldn't resolve the problem" after I had been told that all was OK, but nobody had taken the trouble to inform me.

The supervisor then pushed a few buttons and twiddled a few knobs, and was FINALLY able to get the matter sorted.

So here I am, all now actually OK.

The unfortunate fact is that the issue, which involved merely the transfer of my account from Orange PAYG (a subsidiary of EE) to EE PAYG, and which I started on 6 December, took four weeks to resolve.  This I consider unacceptable, and I hope that EE management (perhaps specifically Mr Max Taylor) will agree, and learn some lessons from it.  First, ensure that the telno 150 assistants are properly briefed so that they can deal adequately with what I imagine will be a large number of persons migrating their Orange account, in view of its disappearance from online access, to EE, and not merely refer the caller to the other organisation; second ensure that the menu of assistance on telno 150 specifically includes how to migrate the PAYG account to EE; and third inculcate a culture in which if an assistant mistakenly informs a caller that all is in order, that same assistant corrects the matter, or ensures that a colleague does so, rather than merely clock off and leave the enquirer up in the air.  These  are modest expectations, but are they vain hopes, I wonder?

by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @chalmacm

I really do apologise for your experience.

Thank you for coming back to the community and letting us know.

We will certainly feed this back.

All the best, Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.