by greenbaseball
Visitor

How to use an EE eSim as a secondary line whilst using Vodafone as my primary?

I have an iPhone XS Max on a Pay Monthly Vodafone plan which uses a physical sim.

Is it possible to add a secondary line on the EE network using the eSim functionality, and if so, how do I do this (in plain English)?

3 REPLIES 3
by Legend
Legend

Re: How to use an EE eSim as a secondary line whilst using Vodafone as my primar

Hi @greenbaseball

Is your phone locked to vodafone? If so I don't believe this will be possible.

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 07953 966 250 from any other phone.

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 9pm weekday, 8am to 8pm on weekends.
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: How to use an EE eSim as a secondary line whilst using Vodafone as my primar

You take out a SIM-Only contract with EE & have it put on the eSIM by getting a QR code for you to scan from an EE store.,

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@greenbaseball  If the phone is unlocked you’ll need to take out a sim only contract and request a eSim pack. You just scan the QR code from the eSim pack to activate the eSim.  I highly recommend you do this at a EE store as they can help you with the eSim.  This will only work if the device is unlocked and not locked to the Voda network.  If it’s locked to the Vodaphone network you’ll need to ask Vodaphone to unlock it first. 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions