by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi, i have a pay as you go card, which i bought and used in UK in May this year.

Can i use this card in Italy in 2 weeks time ?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Hi, i have a pay as you go card, which i bought and used in UK in May this y

It won't have gone into hibernation yet as you bought it in May. It needs nearly 6 months of chargeable inactivity to go into hibernation. So Nov. at the earliest.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Hi, i have a pay as you go card, which i bought and used in UK in May this y

@DKS   The sim will have probably gone in to Hibernation to take it out of hibernation you need to call customer service.   Once out of hibernation you can use it but I’m sure it will need to be registered on the EE network directly first before you could use it I’m Italy.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @DKS 

Welcome to the community. 🙂

If the SIM is still active, you'll be able to use it. If it's not still active, it's likely that the SIM has gone into hibernation, as @Chris_B said. Our Mobile Care team will be able to look into re-activating it for you.

Let me know how you get on.

Chris

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi Chris,

Yes, I would think it was in hibernation. I’m currently in Australia, so haven’t used it since mid-June

Cheers,
David

Sent from Mail for Windows 10
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi Chris,

That would be great thanks. I don’t leave Australia till the 8th September, so do I wait till closer to the date ?

Cheers,
David

by
EE Community Support Team

I'd recommend calling and speaking to our Mobile Care team, @DKS 

It depends on when the last chargeable connection was. You can re-connect the SIM anywhere up until 269 days after the last chargeable activity

Find out more about pay as you go hibernation >

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

It won't have gone into hibernation yet as you bought it in May. It needs nearly 6 months of chargeable inactivity to go into hibernation. So Nov. at the earliest.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi Chris,

Thanks again. I will go in and top up my PAYG card.

Kind regards,
David

by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks very much XRay ! Will proceed with top up.

Cheers,
David

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Thanks! You're welcome 🙂 ! Glad I could be of assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.