by Arthur6

Help

I have the opportunity to buy a brand new, never used still in unopened box Motorola e6 EE phone at a very good price. I don't know what contract is on sim card. If I bought this phone could I replace Sim card with my EE PAYG Sim card without any problem?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Help

@Arthur6   Yes as it’s a 2nd hand device.   The sim for the device is not in your name so that has no effect on you.   But be warned the original owner could report it lost or stolen and so will be blacklisted the blacklist will not be removed for you as the device is not in your name.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@Arthur6   Yes as it’s a 2nd hand device.   The sim for the device is not in your name so that has no effect on you.   But be warned the original owner could report it lost or stolen and so will be blacklisted the blacklist will not be removed for you as the device is not in your name.  

View solution in original post

by Grand Master
Grand Master

If you're lucky. As that phone is at most 6 months old it's more likely to be the result of an insurance fraud whereby it has been reported as lost to EE & then sold on at 6 months. EE will then have blacklisted it & will only discuss it with the original owner.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.

Recent solutions