by cannoli
Explorer

Help! Confused with my upgrade.

Two nights ago i decided to go online and try to upgrade my existing account because i am using up all my 2 GB data allowence...i ordered a upgrade to my account and i got a conformation email saying a new sim has been dispatched...i thought this a little weird and i after waiting an hour i still couldnt get online so i rang EE up.

the guy on the phone looked into it and he told me i have actually ordered a new plan, not an upgrade. he didnt have the authority to cancel so i had to talk to someone else. They put me throught tow another person and so on...

after talking to about 5 different people the last person said i did actually order and upgrade and i should be able to get online within 24 hours. he also said he doesnt know why they have dispatched a new sim because i olnly ordered an upgrade to existing

anyway. two days later i still cannt get online and my new sim hasnt arrived. Now they are telling me that once i get the new sim, i need to put it in and check to see if its a new number. If it is i need to send it back and ring the cancelation line....im so confused, nobody has been helpful, ive had different answers and im getting quite upset by it all.....

has anyone ever had this experience and any advice at all please?

7 REPLIES 7
by cannoli
Explorer

Re: Help! Confused with my upgrade.

And also i still cant get online, after over 48 hours i still havent even been told what exactly i have ordered, so i dont even know if i made a mistake....nobody seems to know anything.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's been only 2 days. You have a 14-day cooling-off period from delivery to cancel free of charge. When SIM arrives phone CS to cancel it & arrange return. Next time make sure you know what you are ordering.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hello there @cannoli

Thanks for coming here,

What happens when you try and log into your online account?

I would suggest another call into customer service to confirm what has been ordered and see if they can do anything further.

Thanks, Leanne.

by cannoli
Explorer

That’s what I’ve done

And nobody can tell me. They have said I need to put the new sim in and see if it has the same number.

Trouble is it’s now the 3rd day and sim still not arrived

Lol.

Get Outlook for iOS
by

Hi @cannoli

I understand that you have already spoken to them, but, we do not have access to your account here in the community.

So we're unable to confirm here either.

I also recommend speaking to the customer service team.

Please let us know what happens, I'd love to know if they can clarify this for you.

Thanks

Chris

by cannoli
Explorer

Yes I spoke to several people

One guy said I ordered a new plan

One guy said I ordered an upgrade to existing plan

Another guy said he thinks I ordered a upgrade but he doesn’t know why I should be getting a new sim

Also if I did order an upgrade. Then why would I need a new sim? And why have I still not got any data?

Sent from my iPhone
by

I do not have access to your account so, although I would love to, I cannot answer your question, @cannoli.

The customer service team do, and can.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.