cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Galaxy Smartwatch eSIM only plans on 4G

Koolkev
Investigator
Investigator

I'm trying to get info on eSIM only plans using a Samsung Galaxy smartwatch.  The only one I can find is a contract where the watch costs £20 then there is a £16 a month plan for a minimum of 2 years.  Does that mean I can't use one bought outright from another retailer and connect it to the EE 4G service for an eSIM only contract?  If a plan does exist, how much per month would it cost?  I should mention I am already on EE with a SIM only plan on PAYG with a Samsung A6 phone so can't see any reason why I can't add an eSIM only deal to my watch?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Koolkev   You can not have a watch tariff with a PAYG tariff you have to be a contract customer to have a watch tariff added to your account.  That contract can be a sim only contract.   PAYG is not a contract. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Koolkev   You can get a sim only deal and that’s £7 per month but you have to be a contract customer to have any watch tariff on your account it’s not available to PAYG customers.   

Sim only is a sim only contract no device included with that contract so are you on PAYG or a sim only contract.    Or better still do you use packs ? As these are PAYG and not a contract 

£7 per month seems pretty reasonable to me for just an eSIM only deal.  I am currently using a Samsung A6 phone bought outright with a PAYG plan - the £10 Everything plan where I pay £10 per month for unlimited texts, 250 mins of calls and 2Gb of data.  However, I am not locked into a contract on this as I can choose to end it at any time or change it at any time.  So, does that mean for an extra £7 per month (minimum term 24 months) I can use a Galaxy Smartwatch on EE's 4G network?

@Koolkev   You can not have a watch tariff with a PAYG tariff you have to be a contract customer to have a watch tariff added to your account.  That contract can be a sim only contract.   PAYG is not a contract.