Highlighted
by Shortname Investigator
Investigator

Esim with southern Ireland Vodafone sim.

Hi, I wanted to ask about your Esim card. 

I'm living in Ireland and I have a small business here. My partner lives in Northern Ireland close to the border, I'll be moving to her place in a few months, and at the same time keeping and running my business in the south. My contract with Vodafone IE is due next month and instead of renewing it and upgrading my phone I would like to switch to "sim only" and at the same time sign up for the contract with your network and get iPhone xs. 
Would I be able to use it with EE esim card and Irish vodafone standard sim card at the same time? 

many thanks!

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Re: Esim with southern Ireland Vodafone sim.

Hello @ShortnameSmiley Happy

Welcome to the Community. Smiley Happy

The short answer is, yes you would be able to. The long answer is, not straight away if you was to sign up to EE directly as EE SIM locks the phone for the first six months of the contract.

However, if you was to either sign up to EE as SIMO and purchase the phone directly from Apple either outright or by paying monthly or by purchasing the pay monthly contract through a third party like Carphone Warehouse, then you should be able to do this from the second you get your phone. Smiley Happy

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor
Solution

Hello @ShortnameSmiley Happy

Welcome to the Community. Smiley Happy

The short answer is, yes you would be able to. The long answer is, not straight away if you was to sign up to EE directly as EE SIM locks the phone for the first six months of the contract.

However, if you was to either sign up to EE as SIMO and purchase the phone directly from Apple either outright or by paying monthly or by purchasing the pay monthly contract through a third party like Carphone Warehouse, then you should be able to do this from the second you get your phone. Smiley Happy

Investigator

Thank you so much for the info! It sounds very good. Do you know if I can apply online for eSim with iPhone xs when ordering from carphone warehouse?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Shortname.

You can order an eSIM pack in your MyEE Account, by contacting our Mobile Care team, or by visiting your local EE Store 🙂

Carphone Warehouse will be able to supply the phone but not the eSIM pack.

Jon

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

I'm not entirely sure if you can get a eSIM from a Carphone Warehouse store @Shortname.

However, once you receive your physical SIM from Carphone Warehouse by DPD, you could either contact customer service on 150 from your new EE contract and ask them to post you a eSIM and you can activate at home or you can pop into an EE store with some I.D and they'll provide you with a eSIM and should activate it in store for you. Smiley Happy

Investigator

Thank you all for your help! Now I need to figure out what are the best options for me. 

Have a nice day 🙂 

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.