by Crospa91 Investigator
Investigator

ESim phone number displayed wrong

Hello, today I’ve exchanged my sim card to an ESim card to use in my iPhone XS. The process worked correctly but the phone number associated with the ESim is wrong. Instead of having as phone number +44 07492 XXXXXX it shows 447492XXXXXX. This create infinite problems with iMessages and FaceTime that they can’t activate and pick up the number correctly cause of the missing + at the front. What can I do to solve it?

13 REPLIES 13
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: ESim phone number displayed wrong

Hi @Crospa91 What error are you getting? It's working for me and others and the number format is the same on the eSIM.

Have you tried turning off imessage and facetime, power cycling the phone and seeing if that helps?

by
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Crospa91

Have you had the chance to follow the advice given from @chistery?

Has this worked for you? 

Thanks, Katie 🙂

by Crospa91 Investigator
Investigator

Yes tried all of them and is not working at all. 

My partner changed to the ESim yesterday and the phone number format is okay and no problem at all.

do you think that calling 150 they will be able to correct the phone number format?

by

Thank you for confirming this @Crospa91.

I would definitely recommend giving us a call, please keep me posted on how you get on 🙂

Katie 

by zpjet Investigator
Investigator

Consider yourself lucky. My Number on my EE eSIM is: 00 000000000. Tried to call 150 today, went through three advisors, and was adviced to disable iMessage (despite my other nanoSIM number being used for it), reboot phone, and eventually told that eSIM will always show zeros.

by mvisram Investigator
Investigator

Hi. Did you call them and did you get this fixed? I’ve been having a similar problem amongst others with intermittent internet. Am considering moving back to a normal sim

by zpjet Investigator
Investigator

Hi, I got it fixed by disabling iMessage, and changing the EE to be the iMessage number, and the number appeared, then I was able to change it back. It now works all very well, had no other issues.

Mind you - my EE eSIM is only the secondary line, my set up is:

SIM - Vodafone Czech - default voice line, mobile data (10 GB deal), data roaming

eSIM - EE UK - unlimited UK texts and voice, 256 MB of data (as a backup)

I move a lot between the two countries, and VF CZ gives me a great deal on data, so my EE is used only for work related calls and texts.

by ash435
Explorer

I am not able to change EE to be the iMessage number because it just gets stuck trying to activate. Presumably this is because I submitted a PAC code which has apparently changed my number, unbeknown to my phone. So the EE number iMessage is trying to activate no longer exists.

I asked EE to send me a new QR code but they can only send it to a physical address 6000 miles away.

Since EE tried to make the switch, my iMessage has been completely ruined, presumably because numbers don't match.

by ash435
Explorer

After 2 hours with 3 support people who had no further advice other than what I had read here and elsewhere online, I was ready to give up.

Then about an hour later, my number changed, 24 hours later than had been promised. Maybe during the diagnostics someone realised a mistake had been made and flicked a few more switches?

Glad I didn't order a new eSIM or reset my phone as suggested at one point.

by

Hi and welcome to the community, @ash435. 🙂

I'm glad that it's all updated now. Sorry that it took a little while longer than normal.

Chris 🙂

by Princey1977
Explorer

Hi James,

I did a hard reset and now seems to be ok.
by Princey1977
Explorer

I have a similar issue, I have a iPhone XS, my esim is my personal number my physical sim is my work number with Vodafone. I have moved my personal number from 3 which has taken place. However I can not change the original number on the esim to the number I ported over from 3 on the iPhone do when I try and use iMessage it brings up the original EE number please help

by

Hi @Princey1977,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Is your number working as normal for making and receiving calls?

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.