by shash Contributor
Contributor

EE sim number not found message

I use my EE sim every time i travel to the UK. I top up before my travels. but this time i am getting a "number not found" message. 

21 REPLIES 21
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: EE sim number not found message

Hi @shash

When did you use your sim last time?

Thanks 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@shash: When did you last use it for a chargeable activity? EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of non-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by shash Contributor
Contributor

about 4 months ago

by shash Contributor
Contributor

I haven't had to recharge for about a year now. No way to retrieve it then?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

What did you actually do 4 months ago? You need to spend money on it 1 way or another. Topping up is just 1 way of doing that; there are others.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @shash

Thanks for coming here.

If you call us we will be able to see if your number and SIM card can be reinstated for you, if this has now gone into hibernation.

Let us know how you get on.

Leanne.

by shash Contributor
Contributor

Thanks @Leanne_T I am in India at the moment and have tried calling before, but get the 'number not recognised' response. 

by

Are you able to try from a different phone, @shash?

Are you calling the international number on our get in touch page?

Chris

by shash Contributor
Contributor

Hey @Christopher_G thanks. Yes, I am using my local number in India to call your International number mentioned on contact us page. At the prompt I key in the number (XXXXXXXXXX), which it says is 'not recognised'. 

[MOD EDIT: Please do not post personal information on the forum]

by

Please try not typing the number in at all, @shash

It will ask a few times again, but, just wait and it will eventually put you through.

Chris

by shash Contributor
Contributor

Hey @Christopher_G tried that a couple of times now, but it doesn't put me through at all. line is disconnected. using +44 isnt of any help either:-(

by

Which number are you dialling to get through to us, @shash?

Is it definitely an EE SIM and not Orange or T-Mobile?

Chris

by shash Contributor
Contributor

Hey @Chris, I am calling on the EE customer care number to be called from overseas. 

Yes it is an EE sim 

by

Is it this one: +447953966250, @shash?

Chris

by shash Contributor
Contributor

Yes @Christopher_G@ When I enter my number it doesn't recognise it. And when I don't enter, it gets disconnected 

by

Could you try pressing the # key when it asks for your number, @shash?

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

It's not recognising your no. cuz it's gone into hibernation or even completely deactivated.

by shash Contributor
Contributor

Hey @Christopher_G just tried that too but didn't work 😞

by

Could you try this one please, @shash?: +448009566000 

It shouldn't ask you for a number.

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.