by vlelekov
Explorer

EE esim combined with a Russian operator's sim

Hello, 

I'm not an EE customer yet, but I would like to purchase an esim and use it in my Iphone XS, which is currently working with a sim of a Russian mobile operator. Will it be possible in the first place? Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Re: EE esim combined with a Russian operator's sim

Hi @vlelekov If you have an unlocked iPhone XS and can get an EE SIM only contract (passing the credit checks) then sure, you can convert it to an eSIM.

by vlelekov
Explorer

Many thanks @chistery

So does it mean I still have to get an actual EE SIM only card first and only then i can convert it to an eSIM?

by Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @vlelekov I'm not sure if you can request an eSIM on the initial order, maybe if you place the order by phone or in a store.

@Christopher_G Do you know this one? Can an eSIM be ordered at the same time as a new contract?

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, you need to get an EE contract SIM 1st before you can convert it to eSIM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @chistery,

Yes, you can order an additional line as an eSIM as long as the phone has already been setup with a physical SIM.

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.