by 4lan Contributor
Contributor

Dolphin PAYG sim swap iphone 4s to 6s

I have been an Orange user for 170 mths, found this out in store today, and was on dolphin payg.

Was in my local EE store  to get a new sim to suit my new-to-me iphone 6s.

I was told that Orange was closing down and my only real option was to switch to an EE payg monthly plan, which offers less of what I want than my dolphin plan, reluctantly I signed up to this.

Having returned home and begun the process of switching/updating, I decided to check on the closure of Orange. The only info I could find directed my here to EE community and it appears that it is only Orange email which is closing.

Have I been switched away from my prefered plan on the basis of mis-information? 

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Dolphin PAYG sim swap iphone 4s to 6s

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

What you may have run into is that EE shops no longer stock Orange SIMs; you can only get replacements by phoning up.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
15 REPLIES 15
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Probably. New Orange products are no longer sold but you can still get a replacement Orange SIM for an existing one when it does not fit your new phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by 4lan Contributor
Contributor

Hi XRaySpeX, thanks for the prompt response.

I was surprised not to have heard anything from Orange about their impending closure, but trusted the guy in the EE store to at the very least be honest with me. I had specifically asked for an Orange sim as I knew I wanted to remain on the Dolphin plan but the guy was quite insistent. This may be the push to shop around, that the credit roll-over on Dolphin had kept me from.

by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Thanks! You're welcome :)! Glad I could be of assistance.

What you may have run into is that EE shops no longer stock Orange SIMs; you can only get replacements by phoning up.

by 4lan Contributor
Contributor

And, of course, they 'could have' told me this in store, but that won't help their sales figures.

by
EE Employee

Hi @4lan and welcome to the community.

I understand your frustration with this issue.

Have you checked out the EE plans to see if there is one more suitable to matching your dolphin plan?

Which dolphin plan were you on?

Many thanks,

Lee

by 4lan Contributor
Contributor

Hi Lee,

having checked the contract, I've been moved over from PAYG to a monthly contract with a 12 mth minimum term(which was not explained to me), which I didn't want. 

I was on dolphin £10/1GB/400txt.

I can see that there is an EE PAYG £10 Data Pack tariff which would give me 2GB/unlimited txt/100mins, which would have been much better for me than the 500mb/unlimited txt/500mins plan I've been moved to. 

What I didn't mention earlier was that my wife is in exactly the same situation.

We plan to go back into the store tomorrow to speak with the manager to see what can be done; whether its too late to been returned to orange and have the correct replacement sim that we originally wanted, or, if not, to go on to the PAYG Data Pack.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

You were mislead & misrepresented to into switching to an EE monthly contract.

by
EE Community Support Team

Let us know how you get on with the management in store, @4lan.

Thank you.

Chris

by 4lan Contributor
Contributor

Read more
Manager was not in today, on a course. However, sales assistant said 'but you've signed for a monthly contract' his opinion seemed to be a bit ' tough luck mate'. He did agree that I could have stayed on orange but they are told not to advise people of this 'as orange will be closed by the end of the year'. I have an appointment to speak with the manager tomorrow. 
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update, @4lan.

Keep us posted on what happens with the manager tomorrow.

I'd be interested to find out what happens.

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@4lan wrote:
Read more
He did agree that I could have stayed on orange but they are told not to advise people of this

Ugh! They are told to misinform custs.

by 4lan Contributor
Contributor

The Store Manager has agreed, at his discretion, to cancel the contract and switch our sims over to PAYG.

I explained to him that the primary issue was being given incorrect information in the first instance, with regard to our ability to remain with Orange. Everything which followed that, was secondary; if we had been correctly informed, we would have left the store and requested a sim swap over the phone.

He suggested that the staff member who dealt with us 'may not have known that the information he gave was incorrect'. I then, very loosly, explained my understanding of innocent misrepresentation to him.

As the number retention had not as yet been completed, he said he would wait for confirmation that our numbers had been reconciled with the new sims, before instigating the transfer over to PAYG.

He could not return us to Orange, but we were willing to accept this in order to reach a resolution to our problems.

He also told me that the process could take up to 2 weeks.

Now just hoping that there are no more issues thrown up. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Well done and good luck. 

by 4lan Contributor
Contributor

Still waiting for this to be fully resolved Smiley Sad 

Had to contact the store on Monday, just short of a month in.

Our numbers took the full two weeks to transfer and then the store manager went on holiday Smiley Frustrated He left staff instructions to progress the swap.

We were still on the contract, until yesterday, when, co-incidentally (or not), the second months payment was charged.

So, we are now finally on PAYG, however MyEE has yet to catch up, so we are unable to use it to manage our accounts.

But we are getting there...... very, very slowly.Smiley Wink 

by
EE Employee

Do keep us up to date @4lan

You may need to give customer services a quick call in regards to stopping the current MyEE account.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.