by Mauramac
Explorer

Does anyone use a nano SIM in a Dog tracking device please?

Hi everyone. I'm looking to buy an EE Nano SIM card to fit into a new Tracking device for my dog. Has anyone on here used one in this way please?

I'm trying to find a cheap PAYG plan as it doesn't use much data as I understand and won't be used all the time. Just on holiday and when off lead. Any help much appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does anyone use a nano SIM in a Dog tracking device please?

There's no reason for it not to work.

The trouble with PAYG is that you must make a chargeable call or text, top-up or buy a pack at least once every 180 days.

Whenever you want to track the dog using data you will need to have a PAYG pack, the cheapest of which are either:

• £1 every 7 days for 100MB data.
  • £5 every 30 days for 150MB data.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Mauramac
Explorer

Thanks for your reply. I'm a bit confused though because I thought I could buy a Data only sim on PAYG plan - is that not the case? 

Also I currently have an EE SIM with 4GB of 4G data which includes a shared plan option - I'm wondering if this shared plan would include a tracker device but honestly I am a complete numpty when it comes to understanding any of this.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

I was looking at phone SIMs only as you said little data. Packs with more data can be seen @ What are pay as you go packs? You can a bit more data from PAYG data SIMS @ https://shop.ee.co.uk/preloaded-data-sims . What you already have is not PAYG but a SIM-Only contract, possibly 30 day recurring.

EE no longer do shared plans. They been replaced by data gifting between contracts, not PAYG, nos under the same MyEE family a/c.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.