by fredhgnr
Explorer

Does a regular EE 4G MultSim on a one year contract come with eSIM capability?

I am planning on getting a 25 GBP per month, 25GB data 4G MultiSIM on a one year contract (no phone). I just want to make sure that it comes with eSIM capability unlocked as I will be needing that to use it in conjuction with a German SIM.

8 REPLIES 8
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Does a regular EE 4G MultSim on a one year contract come with eSIM capabilit

@fredhgnr: Yes, if you use it in an iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, or iPhone XR - see Dual SIM for iPhone on EE

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Star" button below.
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by fredhgnr
Explorer

Re: Does a regular EE 4G MultSim on a one year contract come with eSIM capabilit

thanks for your answer. Just to make sure: I want to use *only* the eSIM (as in I already have another physical SIM from a different provider) and want to use the EE4G MultiSIM exclusively as an eSIM. From the link it sounds you could spin up an e version of a regular SIM.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, what you do is move your existing physical SIM-only plan onto the eSIM by visiting an EE store or calling EE who give you an eSIM pack that includes a QR code you can scan with your iPhone to activate your eSIM (if that's what you mean by "spin up"?). Then you no longer need your physical EE SIM but can use the other network's SIM in the physical slot.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If you order over the phone they can send you an esim, so you don't have to swap it later on.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Colourzen: Eh? You mean an eSIM pack? The eSIM is built into the phone.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @fredhgnr,

Thanks for visiting the EE Community.

@Colourzen is correct, if you'd like to order an eSIM pack, please get in touch.

James

by lemoche
Visitor

Hi @James_B, @Colourzen,

I'm a new customer from outside of UK (but I have an UK bank account and address), do you know whether I can also activate a 4G multisim with one year contract by just walking in an EE store and getting a QR pack?

I know that I can order a multisim via website and convert it into esim later, but I want to get it done at once.

I'm going to London this week, so I'll go to the nearest EE store immediately after arriving at the city.

Thanks for your help.

Kevin

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @lemoche,

Welcome to the EE Community.

Yes, any EE Store will be happy to help you get setup with an eSIM.

Thanks for your question.

James

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.