Investigator

DELIVERY ABROAD

CAN YOU DELIVER SIM CARD IN GREECE?

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: DELIVERY ABROAD

@EEGR   EE only delivers in the UK.  You would need a Sim card sent to a UK address you will then need to have it activated in the UK before it’s posted to you by a family member or friend.  You cannot activate a UK Sim card on a roaming network. 

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

OK, THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR INFORMATION.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

WHAT IS A BASIC DIFFERENCE BEWTEEN 

FREE PAY AS YOU GO 4GEE DATA SIM
AND  FREE PAY AS YOU GO EE SIM CARD

Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @EEGR,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

One will be a data only SIM, for use in mobile WiFi devices, tablets etc. and the other, a SIM for use in a mobile phone.

Hope this helps.

James

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

1. A Free PAYG SIM comes with a Pack of allowances of call mins, texts & data.
  2. A Free PAYG Data SIM comes only with an allowance of data. You may still make calls & send texts but will have to pay for them at standard rates.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

MY COUSIN HAS RECEIVED MY A Free PAYG Data SIM CARD TODAY.

HE HAS INSERTED IT IN HIS MOBILE PHONE TO CHECK. WE SEE THAT ITS POSSIBLE TO SEND AND RECEIVE CALLS ON IT. BUT NO DATA GB INSIDE. 

FIRST QUESTION IS THAT, IS IT ALREADY ACTIVATED NOW?
2ND QUESTION IS THAT AFTER RECEIVING THIS SIM-CARD HERE IN GREECE, IS IT POSSIBLE TO BUY DATA PACKAGE HERE IN GREECE BY PUTTING SIM-CARD IN MY MOBILE HERE IN GREECE BY MY LOCAL GREEK BANK CARDS? THE FIRST TIME TOP-UP I MEANT.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@EEGR   What’s with the shouting ?   Was the sim activated in the UK before it was sent out to Greece ? If not the sim will not activate on a roaming network and as EE don’t post abroad so someone posted it out there.  

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

What do you meaning by Activated? As i mentioned in previous my Question that its activated already as my cousin in UK has put it inside his phone and it sends and retrieve calls Just. Now my cousin is ready to send me by postal order here in Greece for me.

My question is that in order to use Data or GBs here in Greece, is it possible to top-up money or package in it by my bank card here in Greece? Because this time Sim-card is newly activated and there is no balance inside.

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@EEGR  You can use you card if it’s not a   American Express (Amex) cards and Diners Club International cards) 

you can only use this sim for 2 months as you need a stable link with the UK in any 4 month period.  Ie you need to come back to the UK. 

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

What does texting AL to 150 from it report?

You may only top up using UK bank cards unless you go to a top-up shop in the UK. 

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.