Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Currently with EE but need to buy a SIM for 11 year old - which is best value?

Don't want to clog telephone lines when this isn't an urgent query but just need some assistance on the most economical way forward.

I have had my contract with EE on my apple phone for coming up to a year now.  We have purchased a second hand apple phone for our child and need to buy a SIM card.  The second hand phone we have is locked to EE.  As I have a contract with EE, I know I get a discount.  My question is - do I purchase a 'pay as you go SIM' for £10 - £15?  Would this need to be paid each month?  Or is it more cost effective to go for a 12 month plan SIM of 1GB or 2GB?  Child would be getting school bus come September and would be using data mostly during travelling to and from school only.  At home they would be using internet so no data usage there. Thanks for your help.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Currently with EE but need to buy a SIM for 11 year old - which is best valu

Hi @CLH2,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

With pay as you go, you would need to purchase a pack or data add-on each month for your child to keep connected, but you have the flexibility of stopping at any time if the SIM is no longer needed.

You could maybe start out on pay as you go to get an idea of how much data they will need before upgrading to pay monthly.

Hope this helps.

James​​​​​​​

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: Currently with EE but need to buy a SIM for 11 year old - which is best valu

Hi @CLH2,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

With pay as you go, you would need to purchase a pack or data add-on each month for your child to keep connected, but you have the flexibility of stopping at any time if the SIM is no longer needed.

You could maybe start out on pay as you go to get an idea of how much data they will need before upgrading to pay monthly.

Hope this helps.

James​​​​​​​

View solution in original post

Highlighted
by Grand Master
Grand Master

You won't get the additional line discount with a PAYG SIM.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thanks James

That makes sense.

Highlighted
by Investigator
Investigator

Thanks XRaySpex

I'll probably go down this route come September but will just do PAYG for the next few months to save a bit of money.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.