by Rebecca8
Explorer

Cooling off Period - Help

Hi,

My question is whether my request to cancel a sim only contract within 14 days will still be honoured now that 14 days have passed.

I requested to cancel 8 days after buying the sim online and after returning the returns form no one is answering my emails (I have sent three).

I have also now been charged the first instalment (since today is 14 days since I purchased).

Is it now still possible to cancel and have my money refunded? My request to cancel was made within 14 days so even if the request hasn’t been processed in that time, it should still be valid?

Bit more Background if needed:

I requested to cancel my Sim only contract on the 20th using the email channel.returns@ee.co.uk as directed - I think 5 days after I received the sim but definitely within 8 days of ordering the sim online (I ordered on the 12th). This is within the 14 day “cooling off” period as advertised.

I was sent back a returns form which I have completed and returned. This has gone ignored along with 2 more emails from me and I have today been charged the first month’s amount - which is 14 days from the contract starting.

I have tried calling the cancellation number (which has a premium rate) but since I am abroad right now I was not prepared to stay on the phone for too long and had to hang up after a while (I know that it’s not EE’s fault that I’m abroad right now!)

I have tried calling ‭+44 800 079 0103‬ but I don’t know if there is another number I could try? I haven’t used my EE sim and don’t have an EE phone number to call from.

I’m hoping this is just a mix up because it’s Christmas time but I am starting to feel a little anxious that I’m not going to be able to cancel.

Any suggestions or help would be really appreciated right now.

Thank you!

Rebecca

4 REPLIES 4
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Cooling off Period - Help

The 14-day cooling-off period starts from when you receive the goods, not from when you ordered it. So that gives you a bit more time anyway.

You have cancelled it within the required period, EE has responded by sending you the returns form & you have returned it. It has just to be processed & you'll get you money back, but what with the holidays this'll take some time.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Rebecca8
Explorer

@XRaySpeX wrote:

The 14-day cooling-off period starts from when you receive the goods, not from when you ordered it. So that gives you a bit more time anyway.

You have cancelled it within the required period, EE has responded by sending you the returns form & you have returned it. It has just to be processed & you'll get you money back, but what with the holidays this'll take some time.

Thank you for your reply. That’s what I thought - but I didn’t want to assume just in case!

I’ll sit tight and hopefully get a response when things aren’t quite so hectic. 

Thanks again!

by Grand Master
Grand Master

In fact :

1. You have 14 days from delivery to cancel it.
  2. You have 14 days from your cancellation to return it.
  3. Seller has 14 days from receiving return to refund your money.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for helping @XRaySpeX

I hope this puts your mind at ease @Rebecca8

Please update us as to how this progresses.

Happy New Year.

Richard

🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.