by kellyme Investigator
Investigator

Confused about my sim swap.

Hi.

I got my upgrade yesterday and waited 24 hours for my new sim to switch to my old number as they said it would automatically. It didn't so I did a sim swap online. Now my new sim is saying 'Sim not provisioned.'

If I call my old number I just hear a dialling tone. If I call the number from my new sim, my old phone rings. It's really confusing me. Have I done something wrong? 

12 REPLIES 12
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Confused about my sim swap.

@kellyme wrote:

so I did a sim swap online.

Did you ask for a replacement SIM online at https://explore.ee.co.uk/Order-a-new-SIM in place of your old no?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by kellyme Investigator
Investigator

I got the new SIM with my new phone which arrived yesterday. I wanted to keep my old number.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Yes, you said that in your OP but I'm asking about how you did the SIM swap you say you did.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by kellyme Investigator
Investigator

Sorry. I visited ee.co.uk/simswap and followed the instructions on there. Gave my old number for them to send a code to. Then I had to put in a number from the back of my new sim. It then said I'd be activated with in the hour. What I'm confused about is my old number (the one I want to keep) is a dead line. But the new SIMs number rings out, but to my old sim. Hope this helps.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sorry, can't find such a page. What is its full URL?

Or use the Replacement SIM link I gave you in my 1st reply.

by kellyme Investigator
Investigator

It won't let me load the page any more either. Just comes up an error page. 

by
EE Community Support Team

Morning @kellyme

Thanks for coming to the community.

Where did you purchase the upgrade?

What phone have you upgraded to?

Speak soon, Leanne.

by kellyme Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

It's a Samsung s9. I purchased it as an upgrade via the ee website. 

by

Great thanks @kellyme

We will help you get your SIM registered.

I have sent you a private message on here to get some details.

Speak soon, Leanne 🙂

by

Hi @kellyme

Just to let you know this is the correct page to register a SIM card - EE activate SIM.

Thanks, Leanne 🙂

by kellyme Investigator
Investigator

That's the page I started at. I did all of the above. Then both numbers stopped working. Now my new number works, but to my old sim. Which is the opposite to what I wanted.

by

I see @kellyme

I have replied to your private message now.

Leanne.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.