by welshman123 Investigator
Investigator

Cancelling 150 marketing calls?

I bought a sim card for my Mother to use whilst in her Care Home.

She is 93 years old and suffers with Alzeimer's disease.

She keeps getting marketing texts from 150 which is annoying and embarrassing within the quiet confines of the care home.

How can I stop these texts and plan as her top-up monies keep diminishing though she doesn't use her phone for outgoing calls?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

Re: Cancelling 150 marketing calls?

@welshman123  Did you stop the pack that automatically is activated when you use EE SIM cards.   These packs last 30 days and need to be renewed every 30 days.    Text STOP PACK to 150 and it will be a standard PAYG that only uses credit when a call or text is sent. 

To stop marketing text just text STOP to 1234 all marketing texts will stop within 30 days.  

Dont foget you you have to do this from the device in question.

9 REPLIES 9
by Grand Master
Grand Master
Solution

@welshman123  Did you stop the pack that automatically is activated when you use EE SIM cards.   These packs last 30 days and need to be renewed every 30 days.    Text STOP PACK to 150 and it will be a standard PAYG that only uses credit when a call or text is sent. 

To stop marketing text just text STOP to 1234 all marketing texts will stop within 30 days.  

Dont foget you you have to do this from the device in question.

by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @welshman123,

Welcome back to the EE Community.

I can see @Chris_B has already given you a great answer.

Please let us know if you have any follow up questions.

Thanks

James

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Incoming marketing calls cost her nowt & are not diminishing her credit.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by welshman123 Investigator
Investigator

Thanks Chris_B for the very helpful reply.I have done both stops as you recommended and both have been accepted.

It is a pity that EE don't put this information on their website rather than us having to trawl through links and pages without success?

Many thanks again mate.

by Grand Master
Grand Master

by Moonraker Contributor
Contributor

But how does one stop such texts permanently? I top up every month and immediately these irritating texts resume. It's very annoying if one is awaiting a personal text, only to respond to one that makes me an offer that is of no use to me.

by

Hi @Moonraker,

Please text STOP to 1234 to opt out of marketing messages.

This can take up to 30 days to take affect.

Thanks

James

by Moonraker Contributor
Contributor

Hi James

That's what I've been doing every month for the last six months. After a week or so, the marketing texts cease, only to resume again three weeks later, apparently after my automatic monthly top-up. I want to stop them permanently. How can I do this?

Moonraker

by

Hi @Moonraker,

Topping up shouldn't affect your marketing preferences.

Please get in touch with customer services so we can take a quick look at your account.

Thanks

James

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.