by mylestatlock Contributor
Contributor

Can't text or call from PAYG in Hong Kong, but can receive texts. I have credit.

Hello. My EE PAYG sim is not allowing me to send texts or make calls in Hong Kong, I have over £10 credit, last time I used the sim was over christmas in UK. Can this international barring be lifted?  Thanks, Myles

5 REPLIES
Contributor

Re: Can't text or call from PAYG in Hong Kong, but can receive texts. I have cre

Hi Richard,

Using my iPhone 5 from Hong Kong with my EE PAYG sim, I have tried calling several family members in the UK, having manually selected various different carriers for all combinations with my mobile data and roaming on and off, using the prefix 0044... and 001447…, but to no avail.

Many thanks,
Myles
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Can't text or call from PAYG in Hong Kong, but can receive texts. I have cre

Hi @mylestatlock

Welcome to community Smiley Happy

So I can try and help, please may I get you to perform a manual network search and choose a network other than what you are on.

iPhone: Go to Settings > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want.

Android: Open the Settings menu >Tap More > Mobile Networks > Carrier and turn off Automatic. Wait until available networks appear, which might take two minutes. Tap the carrier that you want

Please, also can I get you to try and dial a friend or family member using the format of 00447********* and try using data. 

Richard

Smiley Happy

Contributor

PAYG HK

Hi Richard, is there something I can do to fix the issue with my SIM? Still not working from HK.  Thanks, Myles

Contributor

Re: PAYG HK

by
EE Community Support Team

Re: PAYG HK

Hi @mylestatlock

Thanks for coming back here Smiley Happy

Other than the advice I offered, you will need to please contact our technical team from a suitable landline or mobile number.

I hope you manage to get this resolved.

Cheers

Richard

Smiley Happy

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.