Highlighted
by gpevans70 Investigator
Investigator

Can I move an EE SIM to my new phone?

I'm currently in the 30 days notice period of my contract (it's already passed the two year point). I'm staying with EE but moving over to PAYG/FLEX.

I'm going to buy a SIM free phone. Assuming its the right SIM type, can I simply take my SIM out of the old phone and put it into the new one? (or do I have to get any magic codes to unlock something?)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

Re: Can I move an EE SIM to my new phone?

If the phone is unlocked then that is fine.

If its locked to another network then you will need to get that network to unlock it.

If your in your 30 days notice period you must have cancelled your contract. Contracts dont just end. So after 24 months it reverts to a 30 day rolling sim at the same price your paying now.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
2 REPLIES 2
by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor
Solution

If the phone is unlocked then that is fine.

If its locked to another network then you will need to get that network to unlock it.

If your in your 30 days notice period you must have cancelled your contract. Contracts dont just end. So after 24 months it reverts to a 30 day rolling sim at the same price your paying now.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the STAR/SOLUTION buttons below
by gpevans70 Investigator
Investigator

Hi,

Thanks for that. Yes, the new phone will be unlocked - I was concerned that the EE SIM might be locked in some way. From what you say that should be okay.

Yes, I have given notice on my contract. I'm actually moving to EE PAYG (FLEX). It's a bit of a nightmare - 30 days after you ring, the system moves you across to PAYG and they send you a text to tell you it's happened. Suddenly you have a PAYG SIM with no plan set up and no credit. And it seems like you can't do anything in advance, because (until the moment) you're not a PAYG customer.

I'm pursuing that on other threads, so thanks again for your answer.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.