by Olin636 Investigator
Investigator

Blacklist for no reason?!

Hello guys, MY device’s got blacklisted 2 days ago(3/7/2018) I really don’t know why or what’s happening, I noticed today when I bought new SIM card and it went just “No Service” as you can see. What can I do about it? It made me really upset. It’s unlocked and I used this device abroad and in the UK with many carriers before as well.

BF4826B6-775E-456F-B060-7776D4FC3E94.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Blacklist for no reason?!

Where'd you get this device from? When did you buy it, 6 months ago? What device is it?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Olin636 Investigator
Investigator

It’s an iPhone 6s I bought it from one guy before Christmas 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Sounds like an unwanted upgrade being sold by the original owner & then he stopped paying for it after about 6 months. Hence a debt to EE & resultant blacklist. EE will not discuss it with anyone but the original owner.

This is a common fraud. If that is the case your only remedy is against whoever you got the phone from.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Olin636

Welcome back to the community, I'm sorry to hear about your phone.

I recommend contacting the original owner of the phone. They will be able to contact us and find out why the device has been blacklisted.

Chris

by Olin636 Investigator
Investigator

Got no response.. What can I do now ? 

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Where did you purchase from? EBay? How did you pay?

Not a lot else you can do other than go to police as the seller has committed fraud.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Samsung Galaxy S10+ (Pie 9.0)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
by
EE Employee

Hi @Olin636,

Was it sold through auction site i.e ebay or through a market place i.e gumtree/facebook?

If it was via Ebay, you maybe able to open a case through the resolution centre.

If it was bought via a marketplace please report this to Action Fraud as you may be able to alert them to the crime.

Unfortunately the network would be unable to assist removing the blacklist with out speaking to the original owner.

Many thanks,

Lee

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.