by rsw1953 Investigator
Investigator

Are there any restrictions on what device the new unlimited data sim is used?

Does anyone know whether the new unlimited data sims have restrictions on what devices they can be used? I am coming to the end of a home broadband wi-fi deal with a 4G router which at the moment has a capped usage. Once the deal is up and the router is unlocked are there any checks to stop me using a new EE Unlimited Data sim in the device? This would be used purely for home broadband via the 4G router (no phone calls, no texts). I see EE have another deal for Home 4G broadband capped at 500Gb (more than enough for my needs) for £50/month, but am I being stupid thinking the unlimited deal @£34 would do the same job without any problems?

3 REPLIES 3
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: Are there any restrictions on what device the new unlimited data sim is used

Good Afternoon @rsw1953.

Welcome to the community.

All of our unlimited plans are un-throttled so you can access the fastest speeds that are available in the area.  

If you frequently tether 12 or more devices we will consider this non-personal use and have the right to move you to a more suitable plan. 

If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask, 

Katie 🙂

by rsw1953 Investigator
Investigator

Re: Are there any restrictions on what device the new unlimited data sim is used

Hi Katie
Thanks for your reply. My main query is whether I can pop the Unlimited Max sim into my 4Gee Home WiFi Broadband router without EE blocking its use. A friend suggested to me that it might work for a while but would eventually be blocked as it would be recognised as not being in a handset.

Sent from my iPhone
by
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back to me @rsw1953

My apologies for not answering first time. 

Your EE SIM will work in any EE or unlocked device. 

Katie 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.