by Cameron1590
Explorer

Activation

Hello,

I have just taken out a new sim only deal from EE. I have served notice with my current supplier and have to give 30 days notice. 

Now I have my EE sim, is it already activated or will it not activate and not charge me until I put it in my phone? If it isn’t activated and won’t charge me until it is then I will use my current sim for the next few weeks before activating.

Alternatively, if I am being charged for the sim I will switch over immediately. 

Thanks. 

7 REPLIES 7
by Grand Master
Grand Master

Re: Activation

@Cameron1590   You’ll be charged even if you don’t use the sim.  It has nothing todo with activation of the sim.   If you have it now you’ll be under contract now so start using it. 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Is it a PAYG SIM or a SIM-Only contract?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

by Grand Master
Grand Master

@Chris_B : OP never said it was a contract. "Plan" could mean anything to someone not familiar with EE speak. Just as well to get the facts before making assumptions.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC
by Grand Master
Grand Master

@XRaySpeX   “Just taken out a new sim only deal”    

And the same terminology is used for all networks when it comes to a Sim only contract or pay-as-you-go because that’s what they are.  No assumption made at all.    

Sim only deal deal is just that.  A sim only contract that was a deal and it’s not PAYG or it would say PAYG and there would be no asking about payments if the sim wasn’t activated.    

Instead of chipping in why didn’t you just allow @Cameron1590  to reply to my first response and allow me to take it from there.    ?   

by Cameron1590
Explorer

Hello All,

Yes it is in fact a contract sim only deal. In that case I will start using it straight away and port my existing number. Note to self, in future wait a few weeks before ordering the new SIM card!

Thanks,

Cameron 

by Grand Master
Grand Master

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.