by AbnerC
Explorer

About Sim card only plan

Hello,  I bought the pay as you go sim card on 26th/July which means my pack will end on 25th/Aug. So I have some questions want to ask.

First, I'm an international student, and I got the UK account and debit card just few days ago. So that means I can change my plan to "Sim card only" right? However, I hope to keep this phone number is it possible to keep it? And please tell me how can I change my plan? Should I go to the store to ask for help or I can buy it from the net? Also is it possible to buy the plan b4 my package end up?

Second, I want to buy 12 months deal. Hence, I wanna know that you will automatically deduct the fee from my account every month or in the beginning will you ask me to pay for 12 months fee?  The other thing is after 12 months, the contract will end automatically or you will renew the contract? 

Last, I want to know how many countries can I use EE without paying for network, cuz I will travel to several EU countries and I definitely hope I don't need to worry about the fee. Also in other countries should I turn on the roaming or not? And in others country what setting should I turn on in order to get on the internet.

Hope to get ur respond, thx a lot

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Re: About Sim card only plan

Hi @AbnerC

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Yes, if you have a UK bank account, you may be able to get a SIM only deal with EE and keep your number. You would be billed monthly for your price plan cost (not up front).

If you set up a Direct Debit, the cost will come out of your account automatically around the same time each month (8 days after your bill is produced). The 12 months is the minimum term. We would require 30 days notice of cancellation from you or it will continue to be billed on a 30 day rolling basis.

You can use any EE plan in the EU/EEA and for just £10 extra per month, the Go Further add-on allows you to use your allowances in an extra 5 destinations (USA, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and Australia).

Hope this answers your questions. 🙂

Chris

2 REPLIES 2
by
EE Community Support Team
Solution

Hi @AbnerC

Welcome to the community. 🙂

Yes, if you have a UK bank account, you may be able to get a SIM only deal with EE and keep your number. You would be billed monthly for your price plan cost (not up front).

If you set up a Direct Debit, the cost will come out of your account automatically around the same time each month (8 days after your bill is produced). The 12 months is the minimum term. We would require 30 days notice of cancellation from you or it will continue to be billed on a 30 day rolling basis.

You can use any EE plan in the EU/EEA and for just £10 extra per month, the Go Further add-on allows you to use your allowances in an extra 5 destinations (USA, Canada, Mexico, New Zealand and Australia).

Hope this answers your questions. 🙂

Chris

by Grand Master
Grand Master

In addition to what @Christopher_G told you:

1. Best to time your move to Sim-Only contract just before your current PAYG pack expires & text STOP PACK to 150 to prevent it auto renewing.
  2. When roaming your phone will normally pick up the appropriate local network automatically. If you want data abroad make sure Data Roaming is set ON.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE: The local rate landline number +44 207 362 0200 or Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobiles; Option 2 for 4G WiFi; Option 3 for Home Broadband & EE TV.

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.