by Tracy-Ann Investigator
Investigator

6.72 shows on my EE account, however my SIM is not working on my device

I live overseas, so I cannot/will not phone the UK telephone numbers!

Upon my last UK visit I changed my Orange SIM to an EE SIM.  I advised I'd be living overseas and only using the SIM once annually.

My sent a SMS recently using my UK number and it doesn't work.  I have logged into my EE account online, it showed a small credit of 1.72.  I topped up by 5 UK Pounds also, incase that was the issue (not having topped up within a certain timeframe).

I have held this UK telephone number with Orange for over 20+ years without any issues until now.  I am not sure on how many months it is since I last used my SIM however my telephone number, the credit and details are showing on my EE account under my name.

Please advise me what I can do - without telephoning the UK.  The costs are too high from foreign landlines and mobiles.  

6 REPLIES 6
by
EE Community Support Team

Re: 6.72 shows on my EE account, however my SIM is not working on my device

Hi @Tracy-Ann

Thanks for coming here to see us 🙂

Here is some information from our What is pay as you go hibernation and how can I stop it? support article.

If you have an EE pay as you go number that you haven't used for a while it may go into hibernation.

Why would my number go into hibernation?

If you have had no chargeable activity on your account within 120 days we’ll contact you by text to make sure you’re still using the SIM card and you’d like to keep the account active.

If you haven’t used your phone for any chargeable activity for 179 days your account will go into hibernation and any credit will be removed, but don’t worry; at this point it’s not too late to reinstate your number and credit – just give us a call.

My number has been placed in hibernation; how can I stop this? 

If you want to reinstate the number and credit, give us a call on 150 within 90 days of the account being in hibernation and we can reinstate both the number and the credit.

If we don’t hear from you after 273 days we’ll assume that you no longer wish to keep the account and we will recycle the number and all credit remaining would be lost.

Please see the How to get though to customer services on PAYG device. post here.

Thank you

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your reply. However, that doesn't help me. I know all of the information you've written as I've been scrolling through the EE website for hours and read all about that. Also, as my phone SIM is not working, I cannot call EE as I stated in my message, I cannot/will not call EE. I am living overseas! I am not in the UK! Please can you give me a useful answer. Thank you.
by
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Tracy-Ann

Thank you for taking the time to reply 🙂

You would need to speak to the team from an alternative landline or mobile number.

This kind of query requires account access and we do not have that in community.

Alternatively please see our ways to complain if you require resolution to this.

Thank you once again.

Richard

🙂

Investigator

Hi Richard,

Please can you supply a telephone number to call from Overseas.  Obviously 150 doesn't work from a foreign landline or mobile phone?

Thanks

by Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hello @Tracy-Ann

Thank you for your reply. Smiley Happy

If you have or use Skype, you can call EE free of charge on 0800 079 8586 and selecting option one for mobile. Smiley Happy

Investigator

HiRichard,

I do have Skype.  Thank you kindly.

Can't find what you're looking for?

One of these options may help you find the answers you need.

Let's get started

Join the EE Community to ask, answer, learn and share.